Have you noticed that the days are getting longer? I have. I realized that I'm closing our living room blinds later and later. Don't lose hope! Winter will end!
We had quite an exciting weekend. Well, more exciting for Art than for me. The fight of all fights was on Saturday, and Art invited some of his friends from Jogo (the gym he works at), along with our regular group of friends. It was a full house! Lots of great food, thanks to everyone who brought a little something with them. And the night wasn't an upset either! About time!
An upset is basically when the guys you are cheering for lose their fights. The past couple of months have been a string of surprising upsets. But Saturday's Fight Night didn't disappoint. And of course, the main fight of the evening, GSP (Canadian) vs. BJ Penn (Hawaiian) was a good fight. GSP won, by the way, which makes me extremely happy. And not just because he's Canadian. I truly believe he's the better athlete, and he more than proved it.
Sunday was the Super Bowl, of course. I thought we were going to have a small Super Bowl party here, and boy, was I right! Only Wayne showed up. And Mari, around halftime. I ended up taking a nap, I was so bored. I'm really not into football, and I can only be bothered to watch it if there's a chance to socialize at the same time. The Steelers won, and that's who Art was cheering for, so I cheered for them too. I guess it's pretty obvious which sport I prefer.
In my defense, following football is confusing. I can't keep track of multiple men at the same time, I don't know where the ball is half the time, and I can't tell when someone has done something right or wrong (aside from touchdowns). When you watch a fight, you only have to watch the two guys. The guy who is landing more punches and kicks is probably winning.
Anyway, enough about sports, that's not what you guys come here for, and it's not what I come here for either! The beginning of February marks the end of something else for us: cable TV. Comcast showed up today to take the cable box and remote control. I turned on the TV a little while ago to see if there were any local channels, and it was nothing but fuzz.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not sad at all. I'm not one for watching TV, and besides that, we're saving money. We also have plenty of movies to watch, which I prefer anyway. So this is a good change.
Also, our phone got switched over to our new provider today, so it works again. Mom, feel free to call anytime. And anyone else. Call me. My phone works.
2 comments:
Trust me, life is better without TV! :)
Actually I don't like to admit this to my daughter...but I would have a hard time without T.V. even though we only have "farmer vison". I do have to admit though, that there is a lot of "junk" on television. Good for you and Art. I am proud of my children! Love you.
Post a Comment