So. You know how I told you I was going to be all disciplined on Friday night? I was going to do laundry, clean my room, and get ready for bed properly, at a decent hour? And then I said I would even take a picture to prove it? Well, I did all those things. I felt very proud of myself.
But all those good feelings were rather short-lived when I tried to upload the pictures from my camera to the computer. It was a no-go.
I won't even attempt to describe to you what was going wrong, but you should know these two things: 1) our computer is an old piece-of-junk (though you would never know it by just looking at it, but trust me, it functions like a POJ).
And 2) I may not be the most techno-savvy person around, but I know enough to know that this is not an operator error. It's my stupid computer.
After I spent a very frustrating 30 minutes trying to figure it out, I gave up, and I was going to check my camera to make sure that the pictures were still on there. (Our camera is set to delete the pictures from the camera when they are put onto a computer). And of course, I couldn't check that either because the battery decided to die.
And since we always seem to have a shortage of batteries around, it will be a few days before I can even turn the camera on. I dearly hope that the pictures are still there. I had taken whole bunch of cute ones of me holding Kiera as well, and there are so very few pictures of me with my niece.
That episode aside, my weekend was pretty fun. I went fabric shopping with my aunt, who is making the flower girl dress (my flower girl is her grand-daughter). The material is very pretty and shiny, I can't wait to see the dress. We didn't buy any material for the red sash that will be around her waist because we have to match it to the color of the bridesmaid dresses, and the dresses are still in Washington. Art will mail them this week, right babe?
Yesterday was by far the best day I have had in a long time. I had my first bridal shower! It wasn't a surprise (I practically helped plan it), but it was still tons of fun. My mom's friend (and our neighbor) put it on for me. Her daughter just became a consultant for The Pampered Chef, so they put on a Pampered Bride shower for me!
I got to make the easiest dessert in the world right beside our host, who was showing me how. I got to use some of the products, and demonstrate them at the same time. And the dessert was heavenly yummy! They also had an apron for me that everybody signed as a keepsake. I'll take a picture of me wearing it when we get batteries for our camera.
Also, every person there was supposed to write down their favorite recipes for me, so that I have some yummy, easy dishes to start my marriage with. I think one of my favorites was homemade spaghetti sauce - what a genius idea! My mom also wrote down the recipe for my favorite dish of hers - pasta salad (or Bowl of Bows). I think I'm going to make it for our Young Adults potluck this Saturday.
But, I can't forget my favorite part: the gifts. I love this part of being the bride! I get to be the center of attention, and everyone lavishes me with gifts! Or in this case, money. We decided it was easier that way, if everyone contributed some money, and then I would pick out what I wanted.
It's a good thing I went through a catalog beforehand and circled all the things I wanted. With all the donations plus free items based on how much everyone else was ordering for themselves, I got nearly $550 worth of Pampered Chef products!!! Talk about spoiled!
So for all the women who were there, thank you for the lovely party. To everyone who contributed [some who couldn't make it are making contributions anyway], thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!! You must know that I put all that money to very good use. To those who were invited but couldn't come, don't feel bad. We had the perfect turnout. Literally.
There were exactly enough chairs. But, if you couldn't come and still want to give me recipe, I would love that! (And please, don't worry about giving me more money. Seriously. I already made my order, so it wouldn't help anyway. But if you insist, I guess I won't refuse. ;)]
I'll see if I can compile a list at some point as to what I all ordered. I'm sure you're all dying to know and become incredibly jealous of me. I'm almost jealous of myself!
1 comment:
YAY! I'm still thinking about that dessert...mmmm.
Post a Comment