If this goes through, it will spell disaster for our country. We're already burdened with unimaginable debt (thanks to Obama's bailouts and stimulus bill). This plan will only pile on billions more.
Even more importantly, we don't need the government getting involved in our business. It isn't the government's job to run our banks, our car companies, our insurance companies, and our hospitals. I don't know when it happened, but so many have adopted an "entitlement" attitude, thinking that it's the government's duty to provide them with free healthcare. It's not.
We don't need healthcare reform, especially the kind that the government is proposing. We have the best healthcare system in the world. We need health insurance reform, and it could easily be done without the government controlling the whole system.
If you want to look at the facts yourself, here is a study done by Price Waterhouse Cooper that spells out exactly how bad this will be for America. The Heritage Foundation posted a summarized article of the study, that you can read here. (Thanks Callie for providing the links on your blog so that we could pass on the message.)
I urge you to contact your own Senators, as well as the Senators on the list provided on the Hugh Hewitt blog. You can send them a short email telling them that you are aware of the Price Waterhouse Cooper study, that you don't support ObamaCare, and that you would like them to represent your interests by voting "no."
Short, simple, and to-the-point. And so important! More government programs = higher taxes. More government involvement in our lives = fewer freedoms for Americans. Protect freedom by using your freedom of speech to tell our Senators that you don't want this.
Then pass it on.
2 comments:
Amen, Friend! I'm glad you posted on this too - it's important to get the word out!
I see and can agree with parts of both points of view as an outsider with not a great interest in politics. I don't appreciate some of the wait times in Canada, but I am so very grateful that I don't have to pay for it. Yes, it sucks that Naturopath doctors aren't covered, but buying supplements is still cheaper than having to pay for surgeries and other medical care. I do agree with eating healthy and exercising, but our bodies do sometimes break down even with those things. I think it's good to stand up for what you believe in, but not everyone is going to agree on this one. You're right Art: there is no perfect system and perfect solution to all these things. If you're happy with your current system, then vote no! You need to do what you believe is best.
Post a Comment