October 10, 2009

California Pictures: Monteray Bay Aquarium

I might as well confess this right away: some of the pictures here were taken by other people, and I stole them from Google. Because some of our pictures didn't turn out very well, and I REALLY wanted to show you some of the things we saw. Okay, here we go.


Can you believe they build and grow there own coral reefs?








More coral reef





A huge tank sported a few of these. And some large rays. And huge tuna. Very cool.


Another one of the many huge tanks.


Can you guess which display was my favorite?


Some of these were so tiny! Like, smaller than your fingernail. Very cute.


I LOVE jellyfish! They're just so mysterious, and weird, and beautiful!


One of the interesting displays featured garbage, demonstrating how the water world adapts to things that collect at the bottom of the sea. NOT that they were endorsing throwing garbage into the ocean. Anyway, it was cool.


Ever wanted to be on the underside of a tidal wave, but not be hurt? (Or even get wet?) Voila.


This was a shallow pool featuring rays. That you could TOUCH. None of them swam near me though. I was disappointed.


The seahorse display was really cool. These ones are just plain crazy. Their leafy disguise is part of their body. I love it!

That's all for the aquarium pictures. Magic Mountain pictures are next!

5 comments:

Mom said...

Okay so these pictures make me want to go their. The zoo ones as well, but especially the acquarium ones! The seahorse display is really cool. I really like the coral reefs, the tidal wave and the hugeness of some of the tanks! Hope to visit that place one day. Love, Mom

Elleah said...

Cool pictures! I can't see jelly fish now without thinking of the movie "Seven Pounds." Oh, and your baby ticker is right: I am thinking of ways to get this baby out, including having sex (which we did on Kiera's due date and I went into labor the next day)! :) Just in case you wanted to know that.

Callie said...

Great pictures! That tidal wave thing looks really cool!

Callie said...

P.S. I love your new background - polka dots! I love polka dots!

Roo said...

great photos! the jelly fish remind me of nemo....you shall be my squishy...