October 13, 2009

California Trip: Ronald Reagan Library

I think all the pictures for this post are ours. I don't think I have any stolen-from-Google images. Enjoy!


The closest I'll ever get to meeting the great man himself. Until heaven.





Take a look at the picture above, and read the caption below. They say history repeats itself...



Just a few of his belt buckles. Some are his, many were gifts. He could have worn a different one every single day of the year, and still had a few left over.


He LOVED Jelly Belly beans. So somone made a portrait of him entirely out of Jelly Belly beans!


This is not a sketch. This is a portrait of him made from every word in his inauguration speech. Is that cool or is that cool?


Speaking of cool...

THE Air Force One. Not a replica. The one actually used during his Presidancy.


Marine One, the helicopter version of Air Force One.


I love these pictures.



An exact replica of the oval office when it was occupied by Ronald Reagan.




An actual piece of the berlin wall that Reagan ordered to be torn down.


The view from the grounds of the library.



He final resting place.

As presidents go, Ronald Reagan was a great one. I'm excited to bring our children here someday.

3 comments:

Kat said...

Looks like fun. Speaking of federal debt - at least, I think you were ;) - I watched a documentary the other day online, I.O.U.S.A. I thought it was really good and brought up a lot of good points.

Elleah said...

I like the picture with the jelly beans and the one of him made of words from his speech. Cool!

Callie said...

Oh, those are so cool! Great pictures. I really want to go now.
Ronald Reagan is my favorite president.