October 27, 2009

Beef and Broccoli Recipe

I set this to auto-post this morning, so that maybe you might want to try it for dinner?

INGREDIENTS:
- 3 oz of beef per person, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup of broccoli per person, chopped to medium size
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 tbsp of oil (vegetable oil is best, olive oil will work too)
- 2-3 tbsp of soy sauce, depending on how many servings you make
- 1/3 cup of water
- so
me garlic cloves, chopped up. As much or as little (or none) as you want

PREPARATION:
Mix together salt, pepper, and beef in a bowl, until meat is coated.

Heat 2 tbsps oil in wok or skillet over moderately high heat, until it's hot, but not smoking. Then stir-fry beef until just cooked through. Transfer with a slotted spoon to another bowl, and cover it to keep it warm.

Add remaining 2 tbsps oil to wok/skillet, along with broccoli and garlic, and stir-fry until broccoli is just tender, and garlic is pale golden.

Add soy sauce and water, and bring to a boil. Return meat to skillet and cook, stirring, until sauce is thickened. (You may want to add a packet of beef and broccoli seasoning at this step, but it's just as good without it.)

Then eat it quickly, because it's the best thing ever.

3 comments:

Callie said...

Oh, this sounds delicious! I might give it a try, since this is my day at home! *smile*

Thanks for the support on my last blog post, by the way - I guess I hit on a hot-button topic.

Anonymous said...

I must try the broccoli recipe! Mom

Manewal Family 360 said...

Jenene thanks for posting this GREAT recipe. I have always loved broccoli beef growing up, and still do. We made this for dinner last night. mm...tasy. Gonna have to try your cookie recipe too. I have one for a pumpkin roll, with cream cheese in the center.