September 10, 2009

Very Quick Post

Free WiFi at a motel we're staying at. Yay!

Cali is great so far. I'm loving the heat. Not everyone shares my opinion, but that's okay. I like it. I've been meeting a lot a family. I like them so far. We've been staying with Art's great-grandma. I'm glad we have a free place to stay, with enough room for all of us to be fairly separate. But I think she's getting kind of sick of us. She's very old, and a little cranky. Everyone else is able to laugh it off, which I'm glad, because I'm almost scared of her.

We've driven a little west of our original destination, Art and I got to see my old college roommate, along with her husband and toddler. We're going to the coast tomorrow, hanging out with more of the family. Then we're seeing ANOTHER family on Saturday, and then Magic Mountain on Sunday. It's an amusement park, for those of you who did not know. We're probably not going to Disneyland after all, just because there are so many families we have to see. We won't have enough time to do Disneyland.

But that's fine. I'm excited for Magic Mountain. I love roller coasters. I think. I've only been on one, once, at the West Edmonton Mall, on my 20th birthday. And I LOVED IT! So I hope I still feel the same way now that I'm 24.

Well, I've spent enough time on the laptop. Each of us only get a few minutes. So I'm going to get ready for bed. I'm glad I got to blog though. I also caught up on some blog reading, so I won't have so much to read when we get home next Thursday.

P.S. I've been recording our vacation so far, so when we get back, you are going to get a nice long post about EVERYTHING we did. And no, I'm not taking pictures, because Art broke my camera on a mountain, but Mari has been taking some, and so have the parents. So you'll get to see a few.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Glad to hear you're having a good time. How was your visit with Sarah?
Looking forward to pictures and posts about your trip. Love you, Mom.

Elleah said...

Glad your trip is going well!

Callie said...

Have fun on the roller coasters!