September 5, 2009

California Here We Come!

It's all settled: we're leaving for California tomorrow at 4pm. Good thing I saved all the laundry and cleaning and packing for today. Not.

I also found out that we might not be going to Disneyland and/or Six Flags after all. It's tentative. We have to find out how bad the forest fires are, so we probably won't know until next weekend. But we will still have plenty to do! We've got a lot of people to see. Art's family that I've never met (and barely heard anything about, because he doesn't know them that well). I'll also be seeing my old college roommate. The last time we saw each other was when I was a bridesmaid in her wedding, almost exactly three years ago. She has a little boy now, so we're really excited for that one.

We're also going to try and meet up with a friend of ours who just moved to Cali a few weeks ago. Yeah. We know a lot of people down there. It's gonna be a good trip. I just hope we don't forget to go to the beach! I've never been to the ocean in California! I kind of saw it San Francisco, but that's not the same thing. I want to be IN the ocean. And I hear it's nice and hot down there, so I'm pretty stoked.

We've been having pretty nice weather here, but today it's cool and cloudy and very windy, so I could use some Cali heat.

And do you know what JUST occurred to me? How much catching up I'll have to do with all your blogs. We'll be gone for almost two weeks! So I'll tell you what: when I get home, I'll try to recap our trip, and you all have to recap what you blogged about in my comments. Deal? Deal.

Oh, and I'm also thinking about changing my blog background. Not the whole template, just the background. I've already had a few great websites suggested to me, but I want to know if there are any others out there. It seems that you all change your blogs so regularly, and I haven't changed mine since.......oh man. That's terrible. I can't even remember.

Well, I REALLY need to get that laundry started. And then tackle another mountain of dishes. Have a great long weekend everyone!

6 comments:

Mom said...

So how's the laundry/cleaning/packing going? Hopefully you're not too stressed. Oh well, once you're on the road you should be able to relax and enjoy the trip! Once again love you, and yes I'll miss you...but then I miss you regardless of whether you are in Bellingham or Cali!

Libby said...

Have fun, girlie!! I'm super jealous!!

Callie said...

Have fun in California! I can't wait to see the pictures!

stefanie said...

Enjoy Cali!!! I want to go there one day. :)

Manewal Family 360 said...

Yes I can't wait to see pictures either. Hopefully you get ones with you guys and Mickey ears on. Especially the boys. Anyway be safe, can't wait to hear all about the trip.

Elleah said...

www.pyzam.com has hundreds of free blog backgrounds

www.hotbliggityblog.com has some cute backgrounds

www.simplychicblogs.blogspot.com is another one

www.scrappyblogbackgrounds.blogspot.com

Basically you can type in google: "free blog backgrounds" and it will come up with many many sites.