Just because I have a job doesn't mean that I'm suddenly busy all the time and have no time for blogging! Or cleaning the house.
Except that's exactly what's happened. :)
Of course, I started my job again on the same day as my birthday party, so I was busy preparing for that, and then recovering from it. And Sozan's birthday is tomorrow, so I'm busy preparing for THAT, and then I'll be recovering from it.
Also, I've been carpooling with Mari, because she's in school, and it's close to where I work, so it's really convenient. And then when she picks me up after work, we hang out. And go to the mall. And go grocery shopping. And by the time I get home, Art is ready to leave the house and go hang out with other people.
So yeah. I've made a drastic switch from doing practically nothing day after day, to barely being home at all during the day. But it's been nice. I'm sure I'll get sick of it eventually; there's only so much socializing I can take before I need to rest and be by myself.
Also, there's only so much busyness I can take before I freak out at how messy the house is, and how I haven't washed the dishes in 3 days. I guess that means that this evening happens to be my "down time", and I'm using it for cleaning. As you can tell. Because I'm on the computer, blogging.
Finally, I would like to tell you that I love my job. My hours have increased this week, from 4-hour shifts to 6-hour shifts. We've transitioned from doing work at someone else's computer while they watch over our shoulders and give us tips, to doing the work on our own computers, and constantly asking questions. And then our work gets double-checked, and they tell us if we missed something, and we correct it.
Isn't that fascinating? Anyway, I like my department, I like the people in it, and I like what I do. I'm still feeling pretty confident, although it probably just depends on the day. Last Friday, I dealt with some pretty strange "situations" that we hadn't really encountered before, and then I couldn't even take notes, so I have no idea what we did, or how to deal with it in the future. So it's great that they encourage millions of questions.
And I won't lie: it's nice to be wearing my cute office clothes again.
Okay, I seriously need to get going. I swore I was going to vacuum before the day is over, and it's getting dark, and I have a feeling Art will want to go sleep early.
P.S. It's 80 F (25C) here these days.
3 comments:
I feel the same way - my house has fallen apart the las tweek or so ecause of working alot and my surgery. I hate having a messy house! I'm glad you are enjoying your job though!
Glad things are going well! I would like to not hear anymore about your 80-degree weather (ha ha)! Apparently summer is confused here this year as some days it has been 17 and other days it's 9.
Yeah I can tell something has changed in your life. I miss the almost daily blogs you posted before, however, I'd much rather wait to hear from you less often and know that you are employed! Glad things are going well at work. Love you, Mom.
Post a Comment