June 25, 2009

No More Aliens Here

No, I'm not talking about little green critters from outer space. I'm talking about me! With my first visa that got me into the US, my status was Alien Resident.

Key word being "was."

I had my interview today. And I am now a Permanent Resident.

NO MORE PAPERWORK!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for all your prayers and encouraging words. It was quite easy! I brought all sorts of papers with me and I didn't even need them! The lady interviewing us basically wanted to know 2 things: the story of our relationship (to make sure Art didn't say something like, "I found her on a Mail Order Bride website"), and what we shared jointly (like a bank account, lease, etc.).

She also wanted to see our wedding pictures, and she kept two for the file. No big deal, we can always print more. At least she didn't keep my favorites. We printed about 100 pictures to bring along today, and we have about 700 more that we haven't printed yet, so two is not a loss. (No seriously. Our wedding photographer took over 800 pictures. And they all look good.)

So that was our day. I took the whole day off because I didn't know how long it was going to take, and I didn't want to promise my boss that I could work a bit, and then realize I was going to be gone all day. But now I've had a bit of a free afternoon, and I'm spending it with Art, which we never do anymore. Poor guy is still really sore and tired from the weekend. I think he'll be recovering for a while.

Our landlady is showing our house to potential renters next week, because our lease is almost up, and we're pretty sure we're moving before the end of summer. I'm not worried (right now), but I do have A LOT of cleaning to do before Wednesday. I might start today.

So that's all the happy news for now. Mari is here. We might blow bubbles.

3 comments:

Manewal Family 360 said...

Where are you guys thinking your moving to?

Callie said...

Congratulations on becoming a permanent resident!

Elleah said...

Ah yes, I remember that Mari likes bubbles! Congrats on not being an alien anymore. :)