We bought a ton of fresh, organic fruit at an outdoor market the other day. So much produce, not so much money. Yay for us. I ate a mango yesterday for the first time in months (since mangoes are so expensive, we never buy them). It was heavenly.
We also bought a pint of raspberries. I ate them all, because Art doesn't like raspberries. Yay for me.
I cut into a very bruised, almost rotten apple this morning. Not-so-yay-for-me. My breakfast ended up being 2 eggs and no fruit at all, since I was running a little bit late. This evening, I tried again. Cut into an apple, to eat it with peanut butter (my new favorite snack/dessert). This one was also quite bruised, and a bit dry. So that's two for two. But I ate it anyway, because I couldn't bear the thought of throwing another one away.
I have been hearing constant hammering since I got home today. Come to think of it, I have been hearing occasional construction noises since I moved here. From the same house. And I don't mean that a house is being built. I mean that there was a house already there, and yet, something is constantly being built. A lot of something. I think they might be addicted to construction.
I had a great day at work today. I entered a lot of orders, and I didn't have a ton of questions. Days like today really make me feel like I know what I'm doing. Of course, the last time I had a day like today, the next day ended up making me feel like I didn't know anything. It just happens sometimes, I guess. I hope tomorrow doesn't do that.
My favorite moment from work today was when our database froze. Which would normally be annoying, but it was down for so long that we all ended up having a good 20 minutes to just sit around and chat.
Normally, there isn't a lot of talking in my department, except if it's work-related. Which is a good thing. It means we work hard. But it makes getting to know my coworkers that much more difficult. Today, I felt a little bit more like one of the team. It's a nice feeling.
I came home to the nicest treat ever: a note from Art telling me to take it easy, and do nothing tonight. HE's going to wash the dishes. Considering how much he hates doing the dishes, it's pretty much the awesomest thing I could hear from him.
I cheated a little on the taking-it-easy part though. Just a little bit. I vacuumed. But that's it. This is actually one of the first evenings in a quite a while where we have no plans, and no people coming over.
It's weird to think that just a few weeks ago, I was bored out of my mind, and wondering when the monotony of staying at home all the time would end. Now I'm constantly wondering if I'll have time to do even do laundry, or shower before it's too late in the day.
Finally, I get paid this Friday. It's still not a full 80-hours, but it's going to be the biggest payout we've seen around here in quite some time. We can finally start building up our savings account again.
Oh, and I think Art is climbing a mountain this weekend. The same one Joe fell down last September. Let's all pray they have a much safer journey this time. I suspect I'll be a bit bored this weekend, and probably a little anxious. Maybe I should stop cleaning right now, so I have something to keep me occupied come Saturday.
Ah, who I am kidding. I'm addicted to cleaning. Okay, enough typing. My eyes hurt.
4 comments:
You can come over and clean our house anytime, especially after we have 2 kids making a mess!
Jenene, I wish I was just a little bit addicted to cleaning or at least a bit motivated to do it! Or that I made more money so I could hire someone to come and do it! Maybe we could chat on Sat. since Art is going to be gone (after we put Kiera to bed around 9:30). Yes she's staying for the night on Saturday...fun times. Love, Mom
Wow, that fruit sounds good. You're making me want to go get a mango!
A part of your blog made me think of a new site I've become an addict of.
Not fml, but mlia. It's my life is average. Check this out.
"Today I purchased an apple as part of my lunch. The apple had some bruises on it. I ate it anyway. MLIA"
yay for apples! haha.
Post a Comment