June 12, 2009

Four-Eyes?! More Like, Three-Eyes.

Just quickly dropping in quickly to say a few things. Hopefully this won't turn into a long, drawn-out babble-thon, mostly because I stare a computer screen all day for work, so I really don't want to be on the computer when I'm at home.

So........I think my right eye died. Or something. I've been wearing my glasses lately because my eyes have been a bit sore. Today I decided it was time to put the contacts back in. Big mistake. I had only been at work a few hours before it (my right eye) started to hurt a lot. And by the end of the day, it was very red, and I think people were giving me funny looks. Thankfully, only one person asked me about it. Kind of embarrassing.

Mari picked me up from work, and took me to Wal-Mart to get eye drops. I've never used them before, but I didn't know what else to do. I was basically dying until I could get home, take out my contacts, take off my makeup, and use the drops. I'm not sure if they're working or not. I'll put in some more before I go to bed.

In other news, guess who's working tomorrow! Yeah, I know, how nerdy am I? I'm actually excited to work overtime, on a Saturday no less. But like Art said, "Gotta make that money!" Yeah, he's pretty excited too. June is the busiest month at our company, and work really piles up pretty quickly. Almost everybody else that I work with has already put in lots of overtime hours this past week. So they're hoping to kill the last of the work tomorrow, so that on Monday, they can have some breathing room.

I'm not actually working in my own department, which is okay, because that computer screen can't be good for my dead eye right now. And also too, it's cool to get out of my department, and experience other parts of the company, and get some cross training, and meet other people. I don't get the chance to meet other people from other departments with the job that I do. We're a bit isolated.

Here's some funner news: Sozan got the game Redneck Life, and we played it last night. Yeah, you know The Game of Life? Same thing, but redneck style. SO. AWESOME!!!!!! So hilarious. Greatest game ever. Go out and buy it and play it with your friends, and laugh. Role the dice and get yourself a name like Cletus Joe. Marry a guy named Bubba Jr. Have 6 red-headed stepkids named Daryl. Buy a car that looks like a slug. Buy a home that looks like a bus. Whoever has the most teeth at the end of the game wins.

You know you want to.

Okay, so of course I am completely incapable of writing a short update. But now me and my zombie-eyed self are getting off this laptop, and probably going to bed. Hopefully. My head is starting to hurt too.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Jenene I sure hope that your eye is okay. Could it be that you've worn your contacts too long? Glad to here you are getting some extra hours. I was going to try to call you today...I might have to wait till late evening since you're working. Love you, Mom.

Elleah said...

Oh no (Kiera says that phrase and it's really cute), not more eye problems in the family! Pray it gets all better soon!