May 8, 2009

Kite Flying: Episode Two

Mari and I went out to the beach to fly kites last week Thursday. It was a gorgeous day, but also quite windy. Poor Elmo was neither big enough, nor strong enough. I could not get him to stay up in the air. The strong winds kept beating him down. But he made a valiant effort.


Flat on his back...


Trying to get him up...


There he goes!


We're losing altitude...


Crash








(At first I thought the kite wasn't in the picture. But check out the shadow.)


Those ribbons are from Mari's kite.




Mari was too nervous to let her kite go very far.



Props to Mari for taking such great pictures.

3 comments:

Elleah said...

I like the Sesame Street characters!

Callie said...

Ha, the crash sequence made me laugh!

Mom said...

You girls are silly. Glad you get along so well! Love Mom