May 26, 2009

A Housewife No More (Starting Tomorrow)

I got my Social Security Number today! See? It didn't take that long! That's because all you amazing people out there were praying.

So I'm working 9-1 the rest of this week, and then 8-4:30 starting next week. Carpooling should be pretty interesting.

I found out that the other new girl that started the same day as me has been helping out in other departments. They've been holding back on her training so that they can train both of us at the same time. I feel bad that her job has been affected by my SSN hassles, but at least it was only for a week.

So I'm quite happy about that. But for now, I'm very preoccupied with cleaning my house, because we had family over on Sunday, so all the cleaning I did on Saturday was almost for nothing. And now I know that I won't have as many hours tomorrow to prepare for the party as I thought I would. So I have to get it all done today. Shouldn't be too difficult. If I can manage to stay off the computer.

Oh, and Mom: I got your card. Thanks a bunch! Tell Grandma thanks for her card as well.

5 comments:

Callie said...

Congrats! Hope you have a good first day of work!
You're having a party?

Mom said...

So happy to hear the cheery helpful lady was right! Hope you enjoy your second "first" day of work. This time it's for real!!! Talk to you soon, Love Mom.

Kyla Roma said...

Congratulations!! So excited for you! Again, living vicariously through your ability to work in the US, you're like a superhero to me! =)

Elleah said...

That's awesome! God is good!

Tracy said...

As I"m sitting here reading your blog, I look to the right and there's an ad there from Google.... about Green Cards!! too funny!

Glad you got it all sorted out. :-)