Here is the latest status on my rhododendrons.
This one is the first to bloom in the front yard! They don't get as much sunlight, so they're slow, but they are coming in!
This one is blooming right in front of our living room window. You can't see it very well from outside, but I can stare at it all day long when I'm inside.
And these magnificent blooms are in the backyard. Oh, I am happy!
Remember the first bright red/pink rhododendron I showed you a while back? And I said it was earlier than all the rest? This is the plant where that solitary flower grew. I guess I did quite a bit of trimming on it, because no other ones showed up. But see all those shoots? They'll be full of blooms next year.
This is in the back corner of the house, where nobody can see, so these ones almost go to waste. Also, they're freaking huge, and I wish I could trim them, because they are growing out of control. But I can't reach that high.
This is the whole back of the house.
Sozan had a great idea: the blooms in the back corner won't go to waste because I clipped some off and put them in vases!
4 comments:
Oh my goodness, I may or may not e-mail you in 20 minutes asking if I can camp out in your backyard indefinitely. We've had a very abnormal May and it has just stopped going below freezing here, I'm jealous, and so is my garden!
They're pretty on the bushes but even more gorgeous in vases!! Lucky you, to not have to ever buy flowers!
Ooohlala, those flowers are pretty sweet! Cutting some for inside was a good idea. Do you own a popcorn popper? Till next time...love you, Mom.
I love them in the vase like that - gorgeous!
Post a Comment