June 30, 2011

Why I Haven't Been Blogging Lately

1. I've been sick. I think I'm finally at the tail end of this cold.

2. I've been reading the Harry Potter books. Now that we've watched all the movies, I'm a little bit obsessed. It's been about one week, and I'm already on the fourth book. (I found a website where I can read them online! For free!)

3. When I'm not reading Harry Potter, I'm reading birth stories, because I'm a little bit obsessed with that as well. But that's a blog post of its own, so that's all I'm going to say about that.

4. Art and I are going through Financial Peace University. It's changing our lives. Do you want to get out of debt permanently and build wealth and know that your family and your future will be secure financially? Because you can. It's not a get-rich-quick scheme. It's tedious, it takes a lot of discipline, patience, sacrifice and hard work, but it's possible! And worth the time and effort.

5. I may not have published many posts lately, but I'm actually working on a few of them (not that that does you guys any good). Two of them involve uploading videos, and the whole uploading process is being quite stupid. (I'm trying to put together a three-month update, and I swear, by the time I finally post it, Sophia will be a year old.)

Another is actually a guest post, and for that post, I'm determined to include a nice, current picture of me with Sophia. However, since I never go anywhere, I seldom take the time to get dressed, never mind putting on makeup and such.

Not that I actually have the time to do this, because my little girl can't stand to be left alone for more than a few minutes. It makes it quite difficult to get in a decent shower more than a couple of times a week. And speaking of showers, that's one of the things I was hoping to accomplish today. Sophia looks to be getting quite sleepy, so hopefully it'll happen within the next half hour or so. *Fingers crossed, praying fervently*

3 comments:

Callie said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is obsessed with reading birth stories! I don't know why, I just like it. And I always cry when I get to the parts about holding the baby for the first time. Maybe it's because it reminds me of Wyatt's birth day, which was one of the best days of my life.

Mom said...

Jenene you are a good Mom. Someday you'll be able to take a shower, get dressed, put on make-up without anyone interrupting you! Meanwhile, it takes perseverance and patience, which you seem to possess. Love you guys. P.S. All the best with that money course you are taking. My prayers are with you.

Elleah said...

It's a challenge for me to put on my make-up, simply because Blake likes to come, set up the stool beside me, climb onto it, and start pulling stuff off of the counter. Little turkey! Glad that course is helping you guys. :)