I got flowers,
and we went to our favorite creperie for brunch, where we basically ate dessert for our meal. (Ever had Black Bottom Cupcakes? To die for.)
Sophia loves that place, as you can see.
What you can't see is the cute white sleeper she is wearing with the tiny pink and purple flowers on it. And she might never wear it again. :(
Art's parents came over, and Sophia greeted them with a huge poo-splosion that has forever stained that beautiful sleeper (despite my efforts to get rid of that large yellow circle in the back).
They took us to a Chinese buffet for an early dinner. Art's mom LOVES her a Chinese buffet, and was happy to be able to take us to one again. My hating Chinese food while I was pregnant was really hard on her. ;)
Art didn't get me anything for Mother's Day at that point because every time he asked me what I wanted, I told him I didn't know. Well, what I wanted was for Sophia to sleep through the night, but that isn't something he can control.
A week later I remembered my Amazon wishlist, so I chose four items from there as my belated Mother's Day gift. I got three books and one DVD. Two of the books cost one cent! The DVD was less than two dollars, and the last book was around $7. And then there was shipping, of course, but that's quite a lot of entertainment for $24, and it will keep me busy for some time.
So what did Sophia get me for Mother's Day? The fussiest evening of her life. Oh well. Her early birthday gift to me made up for it. Which is a story for another post.
And that was my very first Mother's Day!
4 comments:
Ya, babies + little kids don't understand special holidays and how they should be extra nice on those days! ;)
And to think LAST Mother's Day motherhood was more of a distant possibility :)
Have you tried Javex or Clorox for colours? I've found it's amazing on the good old poop stains, just poor it straight on, let it sit a bit and then scrub it in...
Ya, gotta love those poo explosions!! Did you try Danae's advice? She looks so sweet in the picture you posted!
Post a Comment