But something about yesterday...all of sudden, my belly felt like it was stretched to capacity. I remember my sister feeling this way when she was pregnant, so I know it's possible to feel that way this early one. And yes, I'm very aware that I still have 4.5 months to go, and THEN I will know the meaning of "stretched to the limits."
I'm just saying: I officially feel fat. Big. Like there is not enough room in this world to contain me (or at least there isn't enough room in my clothes). I'm already starting to feel so uncomfortable! I hope this is somewhat temporary. Like, we're going through a growth spurt, and then it will ease up a little bit.
I find it kind of funny that other people keep saying that I'm "starting to have a bump." Starting???? I started to have a bump at 13 weeks. Maybe it's just me, but I think this is more than just a bump. I graduated from "bump" a long time ago. Of course, it doesn't help that I'm wearing sweaters all the time, and also, I know I'm still tiny, even for a pregnant woman.
But I don't feel tiny to me! In fact, I feel like my head is starting to look abnormally small sitting atop my ever-expanding torso.
Lest you be worried that I'm having self-esteem and body issues, I'm not. (Other than those horrible, ugly stretch marks that make me want to cry.) I guess the closest comparison I can make is how you feel after you've eaten a huge Thanksgiving meal. Except when you're pregnant, the feeling doesn't go away after a few hours. You can't "nap it off." And you also don't have the satisfaction of that huge Thanksgiving meal (very much looking forward to that in a few weeks, by the way).
So yeah. Fat. Big fat stomach. Big fat stomach that is probably not at all that big yet, and somehow, is actually going to get bigger, and that scares me a little.
And since I don't want to end this post on that note, here is a picture of Art and me after our Halloween costumed workout at the gym last Friday. We went as the couple from the movie Juno!

Everyone loved it. And it was all Art's idea. He's so brilliant. :)

Here's me doing a deadlift. Yes, I'm still lifting weights. That right there is 55 pounds. I didn't go any higher than 75 pounds. 55, 65, and 75 were only one rep each. If they had been more reps, I would have stopped at a lighter weight. And that weight isn't going very far off the ground. I keep the weights MUCH lighter when they are at chest height, or overhead.
I'm always very careful to assess how I'm feeling throughout my workouts, so that I don't ever reach the point where I'm not safe.
Anyway, Art and I will be away tomorrow evening and returning very late on Saturday night. It's a CrossFit thing. I don't really want to go, but I know I don't get out of the house enough, and Art has been looking forward to this for a while. Maybe it will be okay.
Well, have a good weekend!
3 comments:
Well Jenene I guess people telling you that you are still small doesn't help how you are feeling. Also Elleah put coconut oil on her skin to help with stretch marks. Have you been doing that? (At least I think it was coconut oil.)Why don't you want to go with Art?
Yep, I feel fat too . . . but I'm not going to complain, because I'm glad to be experiencing this at all! I have had my am-I-too-fat-for-23-weeks-pregnant moments though!
I put cocoa butter lotion on my stomach (not coconut). With my 2nd pregnancy, I also alternated with shea butter which I got at Bath & Body Works. In 4 months from now, you'll look back to this month and say, "Wow, I was small!"
Post a Comment