October 15, 2010

Oh Look! Free Time!

I have the afternoon off from work today! It's mandatory. For the whole company.

They're messing with our database, which means it won't be available for use. Normally they wait until the weekend to do these things so it doesn't interfere with our work. But this is a really big thing that requires a lot more time, so they started early.

If we can't use the database, we cannot work. So we were all told a few weeks ago that today would be a half day. And I gotta be honest: I kind of have mixed feelings about it.

The down side: my week was already short because we only got back from Manitoba very late on Tuesday. Normally I wouldn't mind going home early, but this week I definitely didn't need it. Also, my next paycheck is already going to a lot smaller, because of our vacation. I could have used the extra hours this afternoon.

The up side: there still isn't a whole lot of work to do. The amount of work coming in definitely increased while I was away, but for the most part, we still have several hours each day where we just have nothing to do. So it's nice not to have to sit around and try to find ways to pass the time.

So now I get an afternoon at home, I've got the whole place to myself, and if I manage to find some motivation, maybe I'll get some unpacking, cleaning, and organizing done! I also hope to take some pictures, and maybe have a chance to upload them and edit them.

Happy Friday everyone!

2 comments:

Kat said...

Yes, post more pictures! I want to see what 5 Thanksgiving dinners has done to your baby! ;)

Mom said...

Could we see some pictures of your new place?