October 1, 2010

Falling For Fall

Art and I are going out for dinner soon, so I don't have much time to say anything substantial, but I really felt like blogging.

[Side note: did you know that I'm always blogging in my head? I'm doing a lot more walking these days, which gives me lots of time to think, and during my thinking, I come up with things that I want to post here, but then I almost never actually post them here. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.]

Anyway, I really just wanted to gush about how much I love Fall. I don't know that I've ever disliked it, but I think this is the first time in my life where I'm really loving it! The air is crisp and cool in the mornings, and...I kind of like it! But the afternoons are still sunny and warm. Well, NOW they are. September was mostly rainy, but this week has been quite beautiful.

The leaves are changing color, and I'm looking forward to my new Fall/Winter maternity wardrobe. (I may or may not have dropped more than $100 at Old Navy this week, buying long-sleeved tops and sweaters in larger sizes in anticipation of my growing belly. In my defense, I never buy clothes for myself. And I'm going to need them. So I guess I don't really need to defend my shopping spree.)

And there's something about this time of year that makes me dream of pumpkin-y treats and sweets. It's just so right! I had a pumpkin spice steamer from Starbucks on Sunday, and I'm going to make Paleo pumpkin muffins tomorrow. Maybe THIS is the most wonderful time of the year! :)

5 comments:

Mom said...

This is a beautiful time of the year...just wish that winter did not come after fall, or at least not the harsh ones we have in Manitoba. I sure hope for nice weather when you guys are out here...which will be soon!! Love, Mom

Kat said...

Fall has always definitely been my favourite season - maybe because it's harvest too, which is always stressful but a good kind of stressful on a farm.

P.S. I sort of responded to you long facebook post - but I don't have your address to mail it! :( If you tell me, I can send it :)

Callie said...

I've been feeling pretty guilty about all the maternity clothes I'm buying too, but I do need them - none of my old pants will fit comfortably anymore. I actually got some good maternity clothes on clearance at Target and Old Navy. Check out the clearance racks!
We need another belly picture soon, I'm thinking. :-)

Yelena said...

I just lovee fall. It's my favorite season - so beautiful and the fashion is perfect :) all those comfy sweaters and cute boots :)
lovely blog :)

Elleah said...

Beautiful leaf! I'm trying to appreciate fall, but it's always hard for me to see summer go.