I just realized how much God has blessed us lately, and my heart is too full not to share it.
God answered my panicked prayers about finding a new place quickly, and the blessings will keep on coming, because our rent is lower, as are our bills.
God used a woman in our old church to help me get a job. I was one of the last to be hired, and who knows how many resumes they got. I just barely got in there.
God answered my prayer about finding a way to get to work. I take the bus now. So easy, pretty cheap. And this week it's free, which means Art got to keep his quarters for himself instead of me stealing them.
God has recently answered some prayers about some personal things. I'm not going to share any details, but basically, only God could make a change in this area, and it's something I've been praying about for a while, and I'm finally seeing some breakthrough. I just keep praying that it only gets better.
He has answered some "smaller" prayers as well. All of my jeans have holes in them, except for one pair, and I can't wear holey jeans to work. I was wondering when I would be able to purchase some new ones, and wondering wear I would buy them (I haven't shopped for clothes since I moved here.) Then, my friend came over with some jeans that were given to her by a co-worker, and she asked me to try them all on.
They all fit. One pair is a bit lose, but they all fit! And they don't have holes in them. So God answered that prayer, even though I technically never prayed about it. He knows my needs.
The jeans do need to be hemmed though. I've thought about hemming them by hand, but hand-sewing denim is difficult, and painful. It's really better to use a sewing machine.
On Sunday, our church had "Beautify Sunday." Instead of having a service, we go out and do service. The church finds out about needs in the community, and then we just volunteer for the one we want to do. A big group of people put together sack lunches and gave them to homeless people downtown. Some guys went to cut down a few dead trees somewhere.
Mari and I went to an elderly widow's apartment to help her clean (side note: James 1:27). I got to bless her by scrubbing her oven and her fridge. And she blessed us back. By giving us a free sewing machine. I definitely didn't pray about that one. I never dreamed about having my own. I assumed I would find someone who owned one.
We told Sozan that we would give it to her, but she said that we could keep it here and share it. She is free to come over anytime to use it. We just need to buy some thread. And then she and Mari need to learn how to use it. I have watched my mom use her sewing machine all my life, so I'm pretty comfortable setting it up.
And then today, at Wal-Mart, I found a $1 soap dispenser. Such a little thing. But I was too cheap to buy an $8 soap dispenser, and I couldn't find one for less. Until today. Just one of those little things that we kind of needed, but I would never pray about, because it's so trivial. Or how about the shelving unit that stand over the toilet? You know what I'm talking about? One of these:

Art had talked about getting one, because our bathroom doesn't have much storage, other than under the sink. And I wanted a place to put towels. And then a friend of his moved, and gave us one! Again, totally didn't think to pray about it. But God new our wants/needs, and provided anyway. Because He is so loving like that.
So I that's what I really wanted to share. And I guess I'm done sharing, because I've been talking to Mari for about an hour now, instead of finishing this post. Have a great weekend, and God bless!
3 comments:
Jenene...thankyou for sharing and recognizing God in these different things you shared! Yes He knows what we have need of even before we ask. I was wondering if you could email this post to Mom using my address. That way I could print it and she could read it.
A little tip...you will need needles that sew through denim for your jeans, anyway place that sells them should know what kind you need. You could check at Wal Mart. Thanks again for your enouraging post! Love you, Mom.
Sweet! God is amazing!
Isn't God great? Sometimes He just gives you lots of extra little blessings to remind you how He loves you.
Post a Comment