I got a facial today.
Oh you guys (or gals). Facials are heavenly! They have a special room just for it, and you lay down in a bed like you're going to get a massage, and it's candlelit, and there's soft music playing...and then it's basically like getting a face and neck massage for 30 minutes. Well, mine was an express facial, so it was 30 minutes. Her normal facials are 1.5 hours long. I told Mari I'm going to treat her to one, and I mean it.
If anyone is wondering how I can afford it (because I'm sure I've talked about our tight finances on here before, although I try not to mention it too often), in May, I bought a promo from this spa and salon for $40. They offer four different treatments on four different appointments. All for $40. So it's basically like paying for one treatment, and getting three more for free. I got a hair cut right before I started my job, and I still have a mani and pedi left.
Oh yeah. It's a really good deal.
So if you feel like treating yourself, maybe skip the usual manicure or pedicure. Try a facial. They are soooooo relaxing.
In other news, I mentioned that I kind of had a secret that was still in the works, and that I wasn't quite ready to share it yet, because we were still hashing out some details. But my husband spilled the beans, so you all pretty much know about it already. In less than two weeks, Art's family and I are taking a 10-day road trip to California. Art's dad hasn't seen his grandmother in a while, and I think she's sick and quite possibly dying, so he wants to see her again.
So we'll visit with them for a few days (and I'll be meeting some of Art's extended family for the first time). And then. And THEN. We're going to DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've never been, honestly thought I'd never go, but we're going, and I'm beside myself with glee! We'll be there for about 2.5 days, and after that we drive back. And Art's parents are paying for all of it. I can't believe it, and I actually didn't believe it for a while. But they really are, and I got the time off from work, and I still have a job when I get back (which is something I was worried about).
So yeah. California. I've been to Cali twice before, and for those of you who haven't been, it really is as nice as everyone says it is.
Ooh, and some other exciting news: Kat is going to be here tomorrow! She is my bestest girl friend, she was a bridesmaid in my wedding, and she lives far away, so I haven't seen her since the wedding, and before that, I hadn't seen her for.....over two years. We became quite close friends in college, and she is one of two people with whom I've stayed in contact. So yeah, she's taking a short, impromptu road trip out this way, and she's staying the weekend!
And I have no plans. I have no idea where I should take her, and what I should show her. I also don't have a car, so that could make things interesting. Also, I should be cleaning the house, and the weird thing is, I have zero motivation. I don't know if that's ever happened before. I mean, it's not just a bit of tidying. I have to clean. And I haven't started yet. Oh dear. I hope Mari and Art are feeling helpful tomorrow while I'm at work.
Well, they say that starting is the hardest part, so here I go!
3 comments:
Yay for Disneyland! How exciting - take lots of pictures! And good luck cleaning!
P.S. You did make the facial sound beautiful - I might have to get one someday!
You're going to have so much fun! That's really cool that Kat is coming. Did anything happen with the bank thing? Please let me know because I'm curious about that.
Hi from Tee-pee Tonka. Dad and me are having a mini vacation here. I'm happy for you and Art...going to Disneyland must be exciting! It's real nice that Art's parents are paying for most of the trip. Also that facial sure sounded good.
Talk to you when we get back tomorrow? Love you and miss you, Mom.
Post a Comment