Then, on Christmas morning, we got a phone call that they were coming up! Remember when I barely had a night's notice to get ready for Thanksgiving? Well, this time I only had TWO hours. We jumped out of bed, I quickly showered, and Art helped me wash the dishes, tidy up, and vacuum.
Thankfully, we didn't have to do as much cooking, so my kitchen still stayed fairly clean. Just warmed up a ham, got out the leftovers, and casually ate and played games for a few hours. Art's parents gave us a hefty wad of cash for Christmas, so adding that to my parents' cash gift, we're set for January. Praise God; didn't He say He would meet our needs?
Some other great news: my bronchitis is gone. It's been gone for a while, actually, I just forgot to mention it. I knew it would have to leave at some point. I survived. And one HUGE praise item: we FINALLY sent away my greencard paperwork! They should have gotten it by now, so we're hoping to get a receipt-of-notice this next week. Of course, we're hoping that notice also tells us that we've been approved. It would be a huge setback and disappointment if they sent it back and told us we made a mistake, or that something isn't relevant anymore (like my medical examination, which is a few months old). So it's a praise AND a prayer item. Hopinghopinghopinghopinghoping.
And now, here are some pictures from the first snowfall (which is almost all gone now, because it's been raining).
The front of the house
The back of the house
Our little tree
Joe and Mari being silly
Mari, Phil, and Joe
Oh my....
This one is apparently called "A.D.D. Roommates"
Awwwwwwwwwwww!
Okay, these pictures are from last year, but I wanted to show you what our stockings look like. My mom crossstiched the pictures and made the stockings herself. Isn't she talented?




And no, we don't have our stockings. They stayed with my parents. They'll be used whenever we go there for Christmas.
These are the outdoor snow pictures. We had a lot of fun.
Art was being silly on purpose, which is too bad, because the pictures turned out pretty good. Maybe I should just crop him out.
Art, Wayne, Joe, and Phil
YMCA, just in case you can't see that.
Sisters!
(These pictures are also on Facebook, so if we're friends, you can also look at them over there (and comment!).
So that's winter. That's Christmas. The snow is almost gone, and so are the holidays. It's been good!
4 comments:
Thanks for the update and for the pictures. I didn't know you had pictures of your stockings. I hung them up with the others, they just stayed flatter than Elleah's and Jared's and Kiera's didn't get finished. Oh well next year they should all have something in them, right??? Love you. Still praying for you guys.
Hey, I made a double batch of the spinach dip today for my birthday get together and it was a big hit. Spinach Dip strikes again! :)
I'm glad you had a good Christmas!
love the photos! i really like your hair long. :)
Post a Comment