December 30, 2008

Art's Wearing White Shorts. Which Has Nothing To Do With This Post

Wow, it's pretty quiet here in blogland. There are no new updates since I checked last night.

It's been quiet around here in the real world too. Art and I have been pretty lazy these past couple of days, and I don't mind at all. I'm going to enjoy it while I can, because someday, we'll both be working again, and later on down the road (a few years from now), there will be little ones. And when those days come, I'll look back and say, "Remember when I had my husband all to myself? Remember when we had the luxury of doing nothing for hours and hours? Remember when I didn't take that for granted?"

I'm really looking forward to our New Year's party tomorrow. It's official: we're going to play games all evening. We'll have the usual gang over at our place (Wayne and Sozan, Joe, Mari, and Phil) and we'll eat unhealthy snacks and watch the countdown on TV, and play board games until we can't keep our eyes open any longer. We're cool and nerdy like that. I'm gearing up for:

Scrabble (and I'll lose horribly)
Apples to Apples (I can't get enough of that game)
Cranium (used to be Art's favorite game, but he can't hope to win against the girls)
Risk (I will most definitely NOT play this one)
Would You Rather (I was surprised to learn that it's a board game, and it's lots of fun!)
Settlers of Catan (possibly. Our friend who brought it over gave it to his parents as a Christmas gift, so it's probably with them)
10,000 or Neuscht(sp?) (Sometimes it goes to 15,000, which I don't like, because even if I get to 10,000, I could still lose. Like last night. Stupid)
Mexican Train???? (I was so excited, because I bought the tiles for cheap, but we've never played! I guess I'm the only one who likes it)

I think that's it. It's gonna be good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would play Mexican Train with you! :) I love that game!

Crystal said...

hey i highly recommend quelph which steph introduced us to this christmas... FUN and i can see your guys having a great time with it. :)

Elleah said...

Sounds like a perfect evening since I love games! I was thinking of getting "Would You Rather" so maybe I will.