December 3, 2008

Odds 'N Ends

In no particular order, here are some things of note in my life:

- Art put up our Christmas tree. It's three feet tall, and comes with lights. I might buy a few tiny decorations for it. I'm so glad we have a Christmas tree, even if it's so small.

- Our church handed out advent calendars to everyone on Sunday. I like my church a lot. :D

- My Bible study is almost done. Today is our last session. I'm excited (because Beth Moore is so amazing), but I'm also sad, because it was so amazing I don't want it to end!

- I still have a cold, and as of yesterday, I am 100% convinced I have bronchitis. I'm coughing non-stop, and I began wheezing yesterday. Thankfully, there's a large health food store in Bellingham, and they have some nice, natural remedies for these kinds of things (thanks Steve M. for the links). We went to Bellingham last night, and I picked up some natural cough syrup, Elderberry flavor. That stuff tastes so good!! Don't worry, I'm not chugging it. But I've taken it a few times now, and I'm hoping I'll start to see a difference soon.

- I slept without Nyquil last night for the first time in a week! I don't really go for cold medicines, but if I didn't take Nyquil, I would just cough all night, and keep Art up. But last night I didn't need to. Enough talk of colds and stuff. I'm sure you're all dealing with it too. It is "that time" of year.

- We are doing a Secret Santa gift exchange with our friends. It's nice to know that we won't have to buy lots of gifts, because we can't afford it. Man, what I wouldn't do to be earning some money right now.

- Art and I went to Canada last night to see a movie, as a belated birthday celebration. I had a gift card for the cinemas. We saw the new Bond movie. I heard some people say that they didn't like it that much, but I thought it was good. It had a lot of action, and some necessary character development. So Dad, if you haven't seen it yet, go watch it. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Um, I think that's all the breaking news I have for now. There won't be anymore all-photos posts for a while. I have a few in-the-making, but they're not done. (Ya'll remember what a hassle it is, right?) Someone suggested I get a little device that I can put my memory card in, and then connect it to any computer, and that way I can skip the whole "old-laptop-doesn't-recognize-my-new-camera" frustration. The only problem is, my memory card isn't removable. So there goes that idea.

Anyway, I hope you are all having a great first week of December!

No comments: