I had an epiphany just a few minutes ago. I'm watching You've Got Mail on TV, Art just made dinner (which I am always thankful for) and I just had an epiphany.
I don't like lemon. At all.
Art made spaghetti and lemon chicken for dinner today, and I'm glad he did. The spaghetti was excellent. And I'm sure the chicken was good. But I don't like lemon.
How this never occurred to me before, I have no idea.
I don't like lemon water. I've known that for a long time. I don't like lemon in any of my drinks, and I've known that for a long time. No lemon tea for me, thanks.
Once, my dad made a lemony pasta. And I hated it. It was so hard to eat, I'm pretty sure I didn't manage more than a few bites.
And tonight. Art told me to finish my chicken, and I told him I just couldn't! Because I don't like lemon!
Okay, so there is the exception of lemon meringue pie. But I've been racking my brain, and I'm pretty sure that's the only one.
So there you have it. I just found out that I truly don't like lemon, and you just found out too.
4 comments:
Hmmm...Jenene I'm thinking you are a little spoiled? The dinner sounds yummy. On the other hand if you truly don't like lemon and the chicken tasted lemony well...okay. I hope you at least tried it and thanked your dear husband for making the effort to cook a good meal. Love you.
Yes, I tried it, and it was much too strong. And I also thanked him for making dinner.
*gasp...!!
how can you NOT love lemon??!?
oh well, i guess everyone has to dislike at least one thing! for me, it has to be candied peel. just the thought of it makes me nauseous... Not so keen on raisins/sultanas/etc either.
or broccoli, come to think of it.
on another note, we are still very much in our 'old' home, and will not be moving till about easter time. so about another 3 months to go. the thought of moving still fills me with dread.
hope your lovely hubby cooks for you again! you are one lucky woman...
I love lemon. You're nuts.
Post a Comment