So Art and I went grocery shopping yesterday. In a BLIZZARD. Art's reasoning? "I don't want to get caught in the storm." See, apparently, we were supposed to get a bad snow storm at 4am this morning/last night. Art didn't want to be stranded at our house for two days without groceries.
We departed at around 11pm. The roads were full of snow, it was windy, and it was snowing. Visibility was at a minimum, road conditions were next to crap. I don't know about you, but I'd say the storm had already arrived.
Also? We were not exactly in danger of starvation. I mean, sure we needed more milk, and some extra foods for our Christmas party tomorrow, but Art's "Auntie" Cora made sure that, if ever we were trapped in our house, we could survive for a year or two. She's the one who gave us a rice dispenser for a wedding gift. And the TWENTY POUNDS of rice to go in the dispenser. That rice will probably outlive us.
So venturing out in the "not-storm-except-it-was-a-storm" wasn't entirely necessary. But still fun. And by fun, I mean incredibly nerve wracking.
In other news, remember when I told you about one of my favorite blogs, Cake Wrecks? And by the way, even though the premise of that blog is to show disastrous cakes, every Sunday she features beautiful cakes. And today is Sunday. So go check out the pretty pastries.
Anyway, my point is that Cake Wrecks is ONE of my favorite blogs. My other favorite blog is Bye Bye Pie. If you EVER need a laugh, or a little pick-me-up, just head on over there, because it is HILARIOUS! She can take the most mundane situation and make it funny. I don't know how she does it.
(Btw, she calls herself June, because her first blog was called Bye Bye Buy, and it was all about how she wasn't going to buy anything for a whole year, and she called herself June Cutoff Cash, and if you don't get the play-on-words, then you must be REALLY young. And Bye Bye Pie is about her being more healthy this year, so her new name is June GonnaEatThat. And she calls her husband Marvin Gardensalad, and if you don't get THAT one, then.....well, then you might live in a cave).
So ANY-DANG-WAY (as June would say), I lovelovelovelovelovelove Bye Bye Pie. I get excited every time I see that she's put up a new post. I can't wait to read her blog everyday. And I try to comment every now and then to show my appreciation.
Well. She recently started something called "Comment of the Week." Basically, she picks her favorite comment from that whole week, and that person gets to glow and gloat for seven days. GUESS WHAT: this week, she picked MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! I know this makes me the biggest nerddork in blogland, but I feel almost famous, and so privileged. If you click on the link, you can read my comment, and what others have to say about it.
This just makes my Christmas. And Art's eyes might be permanently rolled backwards. According to His Majesty, I am the epitome of ridiculousness. Who cares. This might be as close to blog heaven as I'll ever get, so I'm going to enjoy it to the fullest.
3 comments:
i really impress with you blog and plz keep writing for this blog.
You are absolutely hilarious!
haha...I love June too!
Post a Comment