Bellvue is in Seattle. Well, it's a part of Seattle. A sub-section. It's where the rich people live. Seriously.
It also boasts are huge mall, which is where Art and myself, and Wayne and Sozan spent most of our day on Thursday.
I've never really done window shopping. I always thought it was kind of dumb, looking for clothes you love, with no intention of buying them. But I was wrong. With the exception of some random stomach cramps in the middle of the day, I had a really great time.
The four of us actually circled the entire mall. Every store, both floors. It turns out that I'm really into coats, and these days, they're not hard to find. Of course, I was less inclined to buy some coats that I found. Don't get me wrong, they were gorgeous, but I happen to think that $6000 is a little steep. Take a look; isn't it nice?
You know what would go perfectly with that coat? A $1000 scarf. And where would I put all the money I saved? In this beautiful purse, of course. Seriously, click on the link to see how much that bag is. Can you tell that I went looking for the most expensive item in that store? Or possibly the most expensive clothes in the mall? But the prices made a lot more sense when the lady at the store said, "it was on the runway." Ah yes. Some model touched for 20 seconds.
Well, enough about those insane prices. I actually found a few deals. I got this purse for $14! Apparently it had been in the store a while, so they were trying to sell it off. I actually asked the lady at the counter if the price tag was correct.
But I guess lust (for clothes) wasn't enough for the day. We indulged in gluttony as well. We ate A LOT. Lunch was Italian food (and none of us finished our meals). Dessert was before dinner, at The Cheesecake Factory, which offers an extensive menu aside from cheesecake. But their options for cheesecake are not few. I really like cheesecake. I really like that place. Again, none of us finished our desserts.
Then we drove 2 hours back home so we could go for dinner at this little-known, middle-of-nowhere restaurant, called the Black Forest Steak and Schnitzel House. Their food is amazing. Art had a full steak meal and Wayne had a full schnitzel meal, and Sozan and I had soup, and for the third time, none of us finished our meals. I wasn't hungry once that day.
So I think my prediction was correct. A little shopping and some good food did cheer me up.
2 comments:
Argh. We didn't get a chance to get to the Cheesecake Factory this summer...
Can we go there? Can we go there? I've been super pumped ever since mom told me we might get to go to Seattle! I REALLY would LOVE to go...mmmmm, cheesecake!
Post a Comment