I had been looking forward to a hot bath all day. I showered this morning, so it's not like I wasn't clean. This was all about relaxation.
I started the water, and then distracted myself with various little tasks while waiting for the tub to fill.
Just before I turned off the water, I put my hand beneath the flow to check the temperature. It was cold. I forgot that we run out of hot water quickly. Hoping my bath wasn't ruined, I got in, and quickly discovered that I wasn't about to enjoy a hot bath, or even a warm bath.
Believe it or not, I stayed in for a few minutes, trying to convince myself that it wasn't so bad. Once I stopped being disillusioned about that, I found another reason to not get out of the tub: I had forgotten to bring a towel with me into the bathroom.
I HATE being even a little bit cold, so I suffered the lukewarm water for a while longer, and then told myself that I was being ridiculous. I got out and went to the bedroom, where my towel was hanging, and made quick work of drying off and getting dressed. But I'm determined; If I can't cook myself from the outside in, I think I'll settle for inside out: I'm making myself a bowl of soup.
"Oh Lord, I pray it pleases You to grant us more hot water than we are currently receiving. You, who change the seasons, know well that winter is coming. You, who created me, know well the limits of my tolerance for non-perfect temperatures. I thank You for listening to (and answering) my humble requests. Amen. "
1 comment:
I love reading your blog, but I forget if I've ever commented before. Good for you making it on your own (with a new hubby of course!) I was forced to do the same thing right after I got married. God was my rock through that. Keep relying on him.
You're a good story-teller, I like your prayer at the end!
Post a Comment