May 24, 2007

Gimme A Break

Mmm, now I'm thinking about Kit Kat bars. But that is not the topic of today's blog.

I have decided to take a sabbatical from the Internet. It's only going to be for about 5 days, so I guess I can't really call it a sabbatical, but I like the word. So sabbatical it is. I've decided to attempt to take the time I would normally spend on the Internet, and use it instead to read the bible and pray.

And even if it's for 5 days, this will be no easy task for me. I really like the Internet! But I think it's pretty much a guarantee that if I'm on the Internet, I'm not doing anything productive.


Also, this sabbatical doesn't apply to the time I'm on the Internet when I'm at work. I work on the computer, I need the Internet for some of my tasks. And honestly, if I have no work to do, I use the Internet to amuse myself until I have work to do. Plus, if I let myself do everything I need to do on the Internet while I'm at work, then it's easier for me not to go on the Internet at home.

Anyway, the whole point of this is that I want to spend more time reading my Bible and praying when I have spare time, which I should be doing anyway. But we all gotta start somewhere.


This also means that I won't be blogging for the next 5 or 6 days. I know that I don't blog everyday, but now you have all been notified, so you don't have to worry about checking in until....May 29? At least until then.

In fact, I'll try to write you all a nice long blog to let you know how everything went. Remember, my 22nd birthday is next week Monday, and next week is also big decision-making time for Art and myself. Exciting and scary. Alrighty then. Until next week!


2 comments:

Erin said...

Have a good break!

Roo said...

love it!
i think internet fasting is GREAT. necessary too.
:)

hope you enjoyed yours. i am thinking of following your lead in the near future. :) shalom!

ps the preggo pics of your sister are SO sweet.