May 15, 2007

World Famous Spinach Dip

Okay, so this dip isn't actually world famous, it was just really really really good. Last week I had to make snack for our Life Group, and I decided to make a spinach dip. I perused the Internet, found 2 very easy, quick recipes, combined them, and lemme tell you, the dip was a hit.

Now you have to understand: I do not have a knack for cooking or baking or making food. So this was quite an accomplishment. I have decided to share this recipe with you.

My spinach dip was VERY tasty, and if you are the kind of person who actually has skills in the food department, then your dip could be 10 times better than mine! So here it is: (it's so easy, I memorized it).


1 10oz (1 pkg) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained thoroughly
1 Cup mayonnaise
1 Cup sour cream
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
2 cups shredded cheese (or however much you want)


1. Preheat your oven to 350F.

2. Blend the mayo and the sour cream together.

3. Add the Parmesan cheese and garlic powder, and keep blending.

4. Drain the spinach using a sieve. Once it is thoroughly drained, add it to the rest of the ingredients, and blend in with the electric mixer, or by hand.

5. Scoop the dip into a small dish for baking. Put half of the dip in, add half the shredded cheese on top, then dump the other half of the dip on top of that, and add the rest of the shredded cheese for a finishing touch.

6. Bake for 15-20 min. or until it's bubbly. Serve with your favorite chips or pieces of bread (or whatever else you feel like dipping in it. Your finger perhaps?)

In my experience, serves 6 hungry adults and 5 hungry kids, but only if you have other snack foods around. Otherwise, better make a double or triple recipe.

Enjoy! :)

No comments: