September 23, 2011

Our Summer Vacation to Manitoba

At the end of August, my mom flew the three of us out to the Canadian prairies to visit my family. My sister had a new baby, and my cousin was about to get married, so it was a good time to take a trip east.

Here are the highlights:

Sophia went on her first plane ride (and she did alright. She was fussier on the flight there than on the flight back).

Sophia met a lot of family for the first time, including her Babba (my dad),

...her great-grandparents,

...her Auntie Elleah (my sister),

...and her cousins.

We got a lot of slurpees,

... went to a wedding,

...played some new games,

...and just enjoyed being together again.

(We also enjoyed snuggling with our new niece, Haley.)


There was so much more that happened in that short week, but I was too busy loving every minute of it to take a lot of pictures (a bunch of these pictures were stolen from my sister). We have tentative plans to go there again in December. If it works out, I'll get to have a white Christmas!

2 comments:

Kat said...

Sounds like a great week! So glad you were able to go; I'll be praying you get to have a white Christmas!

Elleah said...

I like that last picture! I didn't know they had gone out to swing together. :) Yes, I'm hoping + praying you'll get to have a white Christmas this year. ;)