So Art took me and his sister through a Crossfit Base Camp today. Basically, just introducing us to all the movements that we'll be doing in any given Crossfit workout. Unfortunately, I started to feel like I was going to black out/faint/puke after the warm up. And that was just the warm up! I don't know what was going on. I've done Crossfit workouts before, and I've never experienced that.
My vision got all spotty, my ears started to ring, and I felt dizzy and nauseated. It was really weird. And it's not like the warm up is hard. It is kind of tiring the first few times, but you get used to it pretty quick. So I'm hoping that this was just a one-time thing, because I don't want to look like a wuss when I start working out there! Obviously, if I do start feeling like that, I should stop and recover. But I don't want to look like a quitter.
Thankfully I did recover and was able to finish the base camp. I learned a lot, mostly how everything ties together. My husband is a great coach. :)
Anyway, I'm gonna be starting up at the gym next week, as in a little more than a week from now. I just finished up one week of overtime at work, and I have one left.
I think I was going to tell you more, but I have to shower, because we are going out this evening. And tomorrow I'm going to be cleaning the WHOLE house. Yay for me. Art will most certainly be helping.
Have a great weekend!
4 comments:
Oh man, that working out at the gym doesn't sound like too much fun. Don't let Art push you too hard! Right now I'm pushing myself on the treadmill...I know, I know, that's not a complete workout but for now that's what I'm doing. I'll probably add weights when our VCR is hooked up again. Anyway, I hope you have a great evening. Love, Mom
hey! so, I wrote Art but in case he doesn't get it... what's your address?
Hmm, sometimes if I'm low on blood sugar that happens to me - once I eat something it usually goes away. It probably won't happen every time!
Post a Comment