January 11, 2010

It's Not Perfect. It's Life

Look at that, I'm blogging two days in a row! Go me.

These next two weeks are going to be kind of strange, and hopefully not busy outside of work. We've got some CRAZY changes happening at work. I mean, we already did when we switched databases, but now that we have such a ginormous backlog of work to get through, all the managers are scrambling, trying to figure out how we can get all the work done. I feel like the instructions change every hour! But they are figuring it out, and I'm glad to help out any way I can.

I'm also glad that, for the next two weeks, we get to work overtime!! Big, fat paycheck for me. Well, a little fatter anyway. Unfortunately, it also means that I get home so much later, and my already short evenings will be cut in half.

Also? Today? I was so glad to get home and see Art, because I missed him (I'm quite attached to him, you know). And the minute I walk in the door, he's about to leave to go to a Bible study! To be fair, it was a last-minute invitation, so he wasn't really prepared either. So here I am, alone with my small, cold dinner, blogging, and avoiding a totally-not-intimidating small pile of dishes.

I'm happy for him, though. And it's only fair. I just joined a women's Bible study that meets every Tuesday evening. So I think he's allowed to attend a men's Bible study every Monday evening. And we'll both make more friends, and get our respective, much needed girl time and guy time.

He's also taking a class at the local community college every Wednesday evening, so that's three evenings that we won't see much of each other, plus all this overtime that I'll be doing. But the overtime is only for 2 weeks. And all this missing each other will just make our evenings together so much sweeter!

On a bit more serious note, will you remember to pray for Art's mom? She had a stroke on Saturday night. We still don't know what happened, other than I guess she figured out something was wrong, called 911, and has been in the hospital ever since. But at least she's relatively okay (we hope). They're doing tests, and other than that, we haven't heard much of anything.

Thankfully, Art's siblings are both there with her, and Art's dad's weekend is from Sunday to Wednesday, so he's around to take care of her these first few days as well. We're just praying that she'll bounce back from this, and that there won't be any permanent damage.

Anyway, I should probably be a little bit productive this evening, before Art gets home. I also need to get to bed at a decent hour. We still haven't done that since our holidays!

3 comments:

Danielle Jorgensen said...

Hey, just wanted to let you know that we are definitely praying.

Mom said...

Yes, my prayers are with your mom-in-law. Let me know when you get an update. You could always try calling me on Tues or Wed if you get too lonely! It would be better to call after 7:30 your time...that way I'm pretty sure I'll be home. I happen to have 2 suppers back to back. One is related to work and the other to church librarian. Love you, Mom.

Callie said...

I'll definitely pray for art's mom, and I hope you guys get some together time soon!