July 18, 2008

Soon and Very Soon

In 24 hours I will be Mrs. Jenene Morgan.

This past week has been a lot of fun, spending time with my fiance, my best friend from Edmonton, and Art's family (who just arrived yesterday).

Lots of people have been so incredibly helpful. Being a bride is fun. Stressful, but also fun. I've been pampered and fussed over, and it's so wonderful, I almost feel guilty! But not quite.

I still kind of can't believe that my wedding is tomorrow. I'm hoping the reality hits me before I walk down the aisle. I don't want to float through the whole day with a sense of surrealism. I'm praying that I will be able to relax, have fun, and actually remember parts of it.

Do all brides feel this way? I've heard of nerves and cold feet, and I'm not experiencing either of those (although I do have little butterflies in my stomach right now). But I've never heard of brides feeling like, "Wow. My wedding day is tomorrow. It hardly seems real."

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but perhaps most brides don't remember that part, having been married for a while now.

I won't be on here for a while (as you can well imagine and understand) but don't forget about me. In a little more than a week, I'll be back, blogging from my new home with my new husband in a different country. I'm so excited/lucky/blessed!

See you after the honeymoon!


P.S. It's supposed to rain tomorrow! :)

4 comments:

Roxanne said...

I felt the same way you did - Wow, I'm getting married - is this real. It was just so...I'm supposed to be at this wedding? Oh yeah, I'm the bride. what, I'm the bride?! enjoy your day, I'm praying for you guys:) It will be fantastic!

Roo said...

i'm so happy for you!and yes...all that you are feeling is normal and relateable. (to me anyways!)

it is evening of your wedding day and soooooooooo -- this means you are now a MRS!!! CONGRATULATIONS pretty girl! enjoy! enjoy! enjoy!

can't wait to catch up with you on your blog when you return to blogland. xo

Elleah said...

Yay, it didn't rain! Your wedding was amazing and like I told Art, I was honored to be a part of it. :) You were the most beautiful bride!

Tracy said...

Pictures! Please post pictures! :-)