Love is in the air. Can you feel it? I can. "Well Jenene, that's because you're engaged." Well, I suppose that's part of it. Keep in mind that my valentine lives 1,728 miles away. Approximately. I haven't gotten flowers from him today (yet) or anything else, and I don't actually know if I will. (He told me my gift would be late. I wonder if he's trying to throw me off? Because he's done that before.)
Anyway. Love is in the air no matter what. Because I'm determined that I'm going to feel loved today. Not because I have a man. Not because I have a ring. Not because he might send me gifts. But simply because I am loved.
The best Valentine's Day I ever had was in 2005. I was at college, and I was single. I hadn't even met Art yet. I prayed to God the night before and asked Him to make Feb.14, 2005 a special day. I asked Him to make me feel loved, even though I was single. Because love is not just for couples. I have friends who love me. I have parents and family who love me. That year I had a roommate who loved me, and teachers who loved me. And I always have a God who loves me.
So sure enough, when I woke up that morning, I felt warm and fuzzy. As the day went on, I felt downright giddy! I was happy that all the girls in the dorm gave valentines to each other, and the dorm leaders gave flowers to everyone. And there was lots of heart-shaped candy going around. And I was also very happy for all the girls who had boyfriends who gave them flowers and cards and candy and dinner dates.
But as for me? I felt like I had the best one of all. I walked around the whole day feeling as though God had hung a BIG banner over my head proclaiming to the whole world "I LOVE JENENE!!!" I felt so loved! And I know in mind that God loves me (most days). But on that day, I could FEEL it.
And it's like no other feeling I have ever experienced since. I mean, I feel so loved by Art pretty much everyday. But this was EVEN BETTER!! (Duh. Cause it's God. It should feel better.)
So here's my encouragement to all of you: ask God to love you especially much today, and every Valentine's Day. You won't know what to do with yourself! It's better than any love you've ever known. Because Valentine's Day isn't just for wives and hubbies. It's for God too! Don't leave Him out!
1 John 4:19 "We love because He first loved us."
No comments:
Post a Comment