November 13, 2007

8 Random Things...

My dear cousin Erin from Fully Alive...Ready to Smile tagged me to do this meme. I like being random, but I can't always do it on demand. I'll try:


1. I am so self-conscious of my hair that I won't wear a toque, even in the freezing cold of winter. I just don't want to mess it up, and especially since I'm a receptionist, I always want to make sure that my hair is making a good impression.

2. Speaking of my job as a receptionist: I am a nerd for office supplies. I get so excited when I have to order ink, or pens, or post-its. I just love flipping through the Grand & Toy catalogue, thinking, "hm, which calculator should I get, there are so many options..."

3. I consider myself a girly-girl, but I love snakes. I don't think that they are scary or slimy or gross in any way. Also, I'm not afraid of peeing in the bush, so maybe I'm not that girly-girl.

4. The very first time I ever went fishing, I caught a fish, and a fair-sized fish too. I was 7 years old. I have never caught one since. I'm a bit disappointed.

5. I had a dream once that I became a boy. I have never met another girl who has had this dream. I don't know why I had this dream, I'm not alluding to anything...except that I have strange dreams.

6. When I move to the States, there are going to be a lot of things to adjust to. Like cooking, keeping my own house, paying bills, learning to drive standard, a new job, new friends, new church, new environment (not to mention new husband). But the thing I am most concerned about? Finding a new hairdresser. A GOOD new hairdresser.

7. I'm 22 years old, and I don't own a cell phone. I don't own a car. I don't own a house, or my own computer, or even my own camera. And I'm kind of proud of all of these things. But I bit the bullet and got myself a credit card for the first time. I've had it for 2 weeks. I still haven't activated it.

8. I am organized. I like being organized. I have a day planner that I absolutely love, but I'm so organized, I don't even use it! I write in it after the fact. My day planner is in my head.

I'm not going to tag anyone, but if you feel like doing this meme, go right ahead!

2 comments:

Cnj said...

OMG i can't believe it! this meme is in everywhere, in many languages!!!
Nice blog, if you speak spanish please visit me
Kisses
Bye

L. E. Hernández said...

Liked it. And good for you of not having any of those things... I do have'em... but they don't own me. I mean, own things is a good thing as long as you don't let them to own you. Good for you.