July 7, 2007

Hidden Miracle

I can't believe I almost forgot to blog about this! Elleah and Jared came over on Sunday (because they were bored, which means they still find us interesting! HA!) The baby is very active these days, as it should be, and Elleah talks about it all time, how it's kicking her lots.

So, of course, I wanted to feel the baby kicking. But babies are smart: as soon as there's a hand on mommy's stomach that isn't familiar, they stop moving. It's like they're suspicious, or scared. So I had my hand on her tummy, and Elleah tried poking her stomach to get the baby to move, but it wouldn't.


So then we tried a new tactic: she would keep her hand on her stomach, and then once the baby relaxed and resumed it's Tae Bo exercises, we would "trick" it by quickly switching hands. It worked! My hand was there, and the baby gave a little kick! Of course, it looked and felt a bit like a muscle spasm, but still, there's a baby in there, and I felt it!

I am thankful that the baby gave me the honor of feeling its presence. I can't wait to meet it. I hope it likes me. It better like me! I'm its only flesh and blood Auntie!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love those little feet! I can sure feel these little feet a lot these days. Only 13-ish weeks 'til I get to see them too!

-Elleah