I would like to take this time to congratulate myself. I paid off my loan today. I took out a small loan to pay for my last semester of bible college, and I have been paying it off for a year and 2 months, and today, I made my last payment. It feels SO good to be debt-free.
Of course, I'm going to be paying my parents rent now, and it's only fair (considering I've been living at home for free until now). But the rent isn't going to be nearly as much as I was putting towards my loan, which means more money can go into savings.
And I will also have more money to put towards other things, like the repairs in our church roof. And since I'm being so holy with my money ;) I could also use that extra cash to treat myself once in a while. Although, it's not like I need a ton of extra cash; I'm not a big spender. I just hate debt, so I'm glad that's out of the way.
It's time to concentrate more on other things: like saving up for my wedding (which will be taking place in about a year from now). (And no, I'm not engaged. I just know that I'm getting married in a year.)
No comments:
Post a Comment