I'm going to be publishing two posts about cloth diapers. It's taken me over a month to put these posts together, and they are finally ready! [I have no idea why it's taken so long. But I'm glad they're finally written.] The first post is scheduled to go up on Monday, and Part Deux will go up on Wednesday.
What's the reason for these two posts? [And my strange need to preview them like this?] Well, I am the only mom I know who cloth diapers her baby. [Besides the mommy blogs I read, and mommy Facebook groups. But I've never met any of those women.] I had never touched a cloth diaper or seen one on a baby until I bought cloth diapers and put them on my baby. I feel like a bit of a pioneer.
You know how they say "when it rains, it pours"? Well, when I found out I was pregnant, suddenly it seemed like every woman around me was pregnant. Women from my gym were becoming moms for the first time (and some were having their second babies). Women I used to work with were having their first or second babies. My cousin is pregnant, my sister is pregnant, blog friends became pregnant, college friends in Canada got pregnant, former high school classmates, several women from my current church AND my church back home announced their pregnancies.
Yet among all these, I am the only one whose baby wears cloth instead of disposables. [Okay, I think one of the women from the gym cloth diapers her boy. I would be surprised if she didn't. She seems like the crunchy type.]
What's the reason for these two posts? [And my strange need to preview them like this?] Well, I am the only mom I know who cloth diapers her baby. [Besides the mommy blogs I read, and mommy Facebook groups. But I've never met any of those women.] I had never touched a cloth diaper or seen one on a baby until I bought cloth diapers and put them on my baby. I feel like a bit of a pioneer.
You know how they say "when it rains, it pours"? Well, when I found out I was pregnant, suddenly it seemed like every woman around me was pregnant. Women from my gym were becoming moms for the first time (and some were having their second babies). Women I used to work with were having their first or second babies. My cousin is pregnant, my sister is pregnant, blog friends became pregnant, college friends in Canada got pregnant, former high school classmates, several women from my current church AND my church back home announced their pregnancies.
Yet among all these, I am the only one whose baby wears cloth instead of disposables. [Okay, I think one of the women from the gym cloth diapers her boy. I would be surprised if she didn't. She seems like the crunchy type.]
I'm sure most of these moms have never even considered cloth diapers. Or maybe they just assumed it would be too hard. But maybe some moms would be interested, but they don't know were to start. And at least a few of these moms read my blog.
So I've decided to post about my journey with cloth diapers thus far, in hopes that some might find the information not only interesting, but also helpful.
By the way, if you are interested in cloth diapers, but aren't sure where to begin, check out AllAboutClothDiapers.com. This website is the reason that I feel confident and knowledgeable when it comes to the cloth diaper world.
So I've decided to post about my journey with cloth diapers thus far, in hopes that some might find the information not only interesting, but also helpful.
By the way, if you are interested in cloth diapers, but aren't sure where to begin, check out AllAboutClothDiapers.com. This website is the reason that I feel confident and knowledgeable when it comes to the cloth diaper world.
2 comments:
Okay so I'm way past the diapering stage of my babies...but I still found your blog interesting and look forward to the next ones!
I am planning to use cloth diapers when I have children... so I am saving the websites you write about... I am also really looking forward to next weeks posts!!!
Post a Comment