June 4, 2010

Art Shows His Strength

Two weeks ago we had what's called a CrossFit Total. Basically, you choose a few different types of Olympic lifts, and you try to find your one rep max - how much weight you can lift at least one time, and no more than one time. You add up your one rep maxes from the different lifts, and that is your total - total number of pounds lifted that day.

I wasn't feeling very strong that day, so I didn't participate, which gave me the opportunity to record Art's lifts. These are his one rep maxes on the back squat and the deadlift. The back squat was 320 lbs. The deadlift was 425 lbs. Those are both personal records for him!



I hope this doesn't look painful to anyone. He kept his form and performed both of these safely. No injuries were incurred. In case you couldn't tell, I'm very proud of him. :)

2 comments:

Elleah said...

Wow! That's a lot of weight to lift! Way to go, Art!

Mom said...

Pretty impressive...you should be proud of him! Love, Mom