Seriously you guys. I don't deserve these awards. I'm the worst blogger ever, not only because I so rarely blog, but because you gave me these awards and I forgot about them! I don't even think I said "thanks"!
So here they are, all in one post:

The Sunshine Award

The Fabulous Blog award

The Beautiful Blogger award
I have to pass on the Sunshine award to six other bloggers, the Fabulous Blog award to five other bloggers, and the Beautiful Blogger award to seven other bloggers. Also, for the Fabulous award, I have to list five current obsessions. For the Beautiful Blogger award, I have to list seven facts about myself.
So here we go.
Five Current Obsessions:
1. The band Muse. I can't get enough of them. I'm listening to them right now. I don't know why I love them so much. I think it's because every single song is epic. I love to lose myself in the awesomeness. My favorite song by them is Starlight.
2. Working out. But you already know that. I'm actually going out for drinks with a few girls from the gym tonight. I'm a little nervous, because I don't know any of them very well, but that's partly what this night is for!
3. Eating real food. But you also already knew that. Here is a recipe for Paleo Butternut Squash soup. I'm hoping to do this with yams as well.
4. Politics. I don't talk about it very much here, mostly because it doesn't seem like the right place for it. But I try my best to keep up on what's going on with our government, and I have very strong opinions about it all. And when I talk about it, I get so worked up that my words come out rather harshly. And though I care very deeply about it all, I also don't want to lose the few readers I have just because I can't find a calm way to write about it.
5. Dresses. I don't own very many, and I almost never have an occasion to wear a dress, but I love them, and I wish I had the kind of life where I had to wear dresses every day. I particularly like this one.

Maybe for Art's work Christmas banquet next year?
Okay, now for Seven Facts About Me:
1. I am exactly 5 feet tall. I managed to achieve this impressive height back in 8th grade, and I haven't moved up or down since.
2. Like my height, my shoe size is 5. It's difficult to find shoes, because almost all women's shoes start in size 6. In some cases I can get away with a 5.5. I'm actually looking for a minimal shoe that I can both run in and lift weights in, and the one I want comes in 5.5, but not 5. So I'm crossing my fingers.
3. I don't like the movie The Brave Little Toaster. I only thought of it because Art is watching it right now. I saw it when I was a child and I thought it was sad and scary. I'm sure I can handle it now, since I'm 24 and all, but I just refuse to watch it.
4. My hair is about 15 inches long from root to tip. I haven't had hair this long since........I can't even remember.
5. I LOVE county music. My two favorites are Brad Paisley and Little Big Town. I love Brad because his light-hearted songs are funny, and his love songs are sweet (and not overly mushy). Little Big Town has the greatest harmonies. The summer Art and I got married, they played an outdoor show at a county fair close to here, and we got to see them. That was a really fun newlywed evening.
6. I never paint my finger nails. It doesn't seem worth the effort, because I mess it up, and then it chips off right away, from dish washing and all that. But I'm always inspecting them and pulling out an emery board to keep them smooth and even and neat-looking.
7. I have really exciting news that I'm dying to tell you all, but I can't yet, because it's not official till Monday, and this needs to go through the proper channels. I can't risk certain people finding out over the internet. Boy, I sure know how to end things on a cliffhanger, don't I? ;)
And since I can't think of 18 bloggers to pass these awards on to, I'm going to give all three of them to my dear sister, Elleah at Moments to Cherish. She and her husband have created the two cutest kids on the planet. I talked to her on the phone last weekend, and I had the immense pleasure and privilege of hearing Blake laugh, and hearing Kiera sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.


Yes, I think the mother of these two precious ones deserves these three awards, and so much more.
3 comments:
Awww, that almost made me cry. What a sweet ending to your post. I think you are a great blogger even though I would like to see more of them! Love you, Mom.
No prob, Friend! I forget about awards too, and it's shameful - that's why I've been trying to catch up on them for the last month! I love that dress - it's gorgeous! Now I want it too! :-)
I'm a country music fan too! Love it.
Uh huh, I know where you got the height interesting fact. But don't worry, I don't mind you stealing it from me! (I'm just teasing you - *grin*)! :-P
I thought The Brave Little Toaster was sad too, but if I remember correctly it ended well.
You brought tears to my eyes, too! Thank you SO much! I didn't know you liked country music and I love the picture of that dress! I also didn't know your feet were size 5. I'm very happy for you and your job news! Way to go and I'm sure you'll make a great team leader!
Post a Comment