March 11, 2010

No Cell Phone, Paleo Diet...I'm Practically a Cave Woman!

The Paleo challenge ended a week ago. So Art and I had burgers and fries and milkshakes for dinner on Thursday. And twice on Saturday. And Mexican food for lunch the next day. And the crowning moment: Girl Scout cookies and ice cream for dinner on Sunday. Yeah. That was quite an interesting four days.

Did you know it only took four days to put me back to where I was before? I ate almost perfect for 45 days, and in four days, my face was full of blemishes, and I was noticing a few PMS symptoms creeping up. So yeah. As far as eating goes, Paleo is the way, the truth, and life.

Art and I got back into it on Monday (me more than him), and these stupid pimples still haven't gone away. And sure enough, I got cramps when I got my period. It was only FOUR DAYS. And I'm still paying for it.

So I'm determined to go at least 30 days this time. Or until my next period. I went 21 days before cheating last time. I think I can do 30. And I'm more determined than ever. Cheating is so not worth it.

In other news, my sister-in-law got a rabbit. She's sitting in a large cage on the living room floor as I type, and she's SO CUTE!!! (The rabbit is in a cage, not my sister-in-law.) She's small, and black, and so soft. And she doesn't like carrots, apparently. I don't know where that stereotype came from, because she won't touch them.

Also? She's not too bright. She cannot, for the life of her, figure out how to get out of her cage (when the door is open). But she knows how to get back in. We take her out, encourage her to explore, and she sniffs round and round her cage, and then hops back in. I don't get it. Strangest bunny I've ever known. And I've only ever known her. So.............yeah.

Her name is Lucille. It's perfect. I don't know why, but it is. Marilu was wrestling with names for over an hour, and then she blurted out "Lucille" and we just knew. Lucy. Lulu. If you didn't already notice, we're pretty attached to her. Art and her are becoming very good friends.

Speaking of changing the subject, I think I'm getting a cell phone next month. It's kind of a big deal. I've never had one before. I don't really feel like I need one. I have a phone here at home. If someone needs to get ahold of me, they can call that phone. It has voicemail and everything! I really just like the idea of not having to be attached to a little device all the time. So far, the world hasn't stopped turning because someone couldn't call me while I was on the bus.

At the same time, it doesn't make sense to keep the land line. We mainly have it so I can call my mom. But I end up talking to telemarketers and wrong numbers way more often. And I'm so beyond annoyed with it. So I know it's a good thing. But don't you dare text me! I am not a texter. I plan on using the phone as little as possible. In fact, I'm hoping to get a phone that doesn't text. I'm pretty sure those don't exist anymore, but all I need a phone to do is make calls, receive calls, and store phone numbers.

I'm a simple gal. You know Carolyn Dawn Johnson's "Simple Life"? That's practically my life's theme song. In fact, I think I'm going to go listen to it right now!

2 comments:

Kat said...

I hardly ever use my cell. I'm a landline girl, mostly because it's so super cheap ($55 divided by the 3 of us, and that includes unlimited LD in North America!). I'm getting a new cell plan which I am so excited about, because I'll pretty much only be able to text with it :) It's way cheaper than talking, cell phone plans are absolute crap here, you guys have WAY better deals!
Wow, this was a ridiculously long comment about cell phones. When did I get so boring?

P.S. One of my nicknames growing up was Lulu. And I had 2 bunnies...that's a story for another time.

Anonymous said...

I'm kinda sad that you're getting rid of the land line, I guess I'm afraid you'll be harder to get ahold of, due to having your cell phone turned off. But if the only reason you have a land line is for me than maybe you do need to get rid of it. I think skype would be the way to go then. Unless you have a better idea. Love you, Mom