Yesterday, as Art and I were about to get in the car to go see some friends, I tripped over something in the dark, and thankfully, landed on my hands and knees (as opposed to landing on my face). My hands and knees were skinned and bruised last night, and this morning, they are skinned, bruised, and also swollen. It's a good thing my hands and knees aren't that important. It only hurts when I do anything.
We are also having some pleasant, hurricane-like weather right now. You know. Rain, and winds up to 60 miles per hour. I do believe that's standard highway speed, in case anyone needs a reference. I did an official survey, and found that this type of weather is enjoyed by approximately zero people. So you can imagine my unhappiness that we are experiencing this, especially on a Monday.
And I'm sure you can imagine my even greater unhappiness when I tell that these "sweet summer breezes" kept me up ALL NIGHT. If you are my friend on Facebook, then you already know this, because I updated my status at around 4:30 am. It was bad. I expected our roof to blow off every other half-hour. It sounded like mailboxes and garbage cans were just being flung about, willy nilly. Which they probably were. This does not make for a good night's sleep.
So I'm already injured and sore and slow-moving, and now I'm sleepy and groggy, and I can barely concentrate, never mind actually get anything done. I feel sort of like a cat who was made to dress up against its will.

This guy is not impressed. He's wondering why the world hates him so. Also? Stuffonmycat.com is a pretty random and funny website. I may just spend the rest of the day looking at pictures of annoyed cats to make myself feel better.
And tonight I'm going to stuff my face with ice cream and settle in for another long, blustery night. Because apparently we're going to be blessed with this windy fury for a couple of days. Yay us!
And tonight I'm going to stuff my face with ice cream and settle in for another long, blustery night. Because apparently we're going to be blessed with this windy fury for a couple of days. Yay us!
3 comments:
Wow, we finally have better weather than you! That is a funny picture! Hope things improve for you soon!
Yeah, getting injured sucks. Also not sleeping in the night sucks! I hope you make it through the day okay. I'm sure if you stop and think real hard...you could come up with some things to be thankful for! Love, Mom.
I'm sorry you had such a rotten Monday! I hope Tuesday has been better. That cat picture is hilarious, by the way. Ha!
Post a Comment