Yesterday it was exactly 4 weeks to the wedding. Am I freaking out yet? Yes.
People keep asking me if I'm excited. No offense, but isn't that a bit of a strange question? Like, who isn't excited to get married? And if they're not, they probably shouldn't be getting married. Sometimes I want to answer "No", just to see how people would react. I think that would be a bit of a funny joke, but maybe they wouldn't think so.
And for the record, I'm excited, and I'm also trying not to panic at how much I have left to do. I made a list about 2 months ago, and I'm adding more things to it faster than I'm crossing them off. This is not good.
I'm back at work again. The bookstore got in another four skids of books late last night, and I had the pleasure of unpacking them all by myself today. (BTW, a skid of books is about 35 boxes, and each box contains approx. 40 books. So: 5600 books. Not as many as last time, but still a lot). I didn't really mind being alone, unpacking all those books.
I don't mind being alone in general. And when it comes to unpacking and sorting books, I like to figure out my own system, so that when other people join me, I can just tell them what to do, and then it all goes very smoothly.
I'm also very proud of myself, because I thought up a different system than I used last time, and I got more boxes unpacked in one day, and also figured out how to make sorting even faster. Go me.
Ooh, and I cleaned my room. Now, I'm normally a very clean and organized girl, but when it comes to my room, I slack a lot. Right now, I'm blaming it on the fact that I'm planning a wedding, therefore, I have wedding-related paraphernalia all over my room. But I managed to get it all organized.
Now I just have to keep the clothes off my floor, and my room will look generally tidy all the time. So far, I'm not sticking to it. There are four t-shirts and a sweater on my floor at this present moment. Dang.
I just realized something: I like getting stuff crossed off my list, but it almost always means that I have to spend money. I dipped into my savings last week for the first time, and already, I've shelled out something like $2000. Don't worry, I'm not paying way too much for candles.
That amount encompasses three flights, our wedding bands, and my insanely expensive medical examination that I needed to have for immigration.
Speaking of immigration, I have AMAZING news: Our lawyer said that whole process shouldn't take longer than six months. There are a lot of forms to fill out and things to send in, and the last step is an interview at the US Consulate in Vancouver. I got the letter today. My interview is set for July 28. The day after we get back from our honeymoon. The LAST STEP!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I think that's a scream of excitement. I'm just slightly worried about crossing the border before that happens, but we'll talk to our lawyer, and we'll also pray. God said He has a plan for me and it involves Washington, so He's WILL work it out.
I think possibly the reason why I'm not feeling only excitement for my wedding day is because I have so many other things to think about right now. I mean, this immigration thing is pretty much just as important as the fact that Art and I are getting married. They're connected. And then there were all those other things that I have to take care of as well.
Once I am able to relax and actually realize that this is all really happening, THEN I might get excited. Or at least, I'll be happy and content.
Speaking of long blogs, who actually read this whole thing?
I have to go make a salad.
2 comments:
you're beautiful in every way. i cant wait to be your husband. our wedding will have a lot of dancing. i love you.
love,
the hunk of man-meat in the blog below
I read the whole thing. Hunk of man-meat? That's a new one...trying not to think too much about that one. I like dancing! That's really cool that your interview is on July 28. God couldn't have done any better than that!
Post a Comment