You see, I unpacked boxes and BOXES of books Friday and Saturday, by myself (except for Keanan's help part of Sat. afternoon). I was very proud of myself, and I was lifting boxes of books, being all tough n' stuff.
But then, sometime yesterday evening, my wrist started to hurt a little bit. Didn't think anything of it. Then today, it definitely hurt. Thankfully, I wasn't lifting boxes today, just stacks of books. But by the end of the day, the pain was all the way up to my shoulder.
Thankfully, I had planned to go to my wonderful chiropractor this evening anyway. So I went, and he gently adjusted things (I held out my arm to him and asked him to be nice). My wrist still hurts, but I remember from similar experiences that it will feel better tomorrow.
By they way, I would like to thank Keanan for encouraging me to stay the whole day (and for doing my box-lifting). I was supposed to be in charge, and there I was, wimping out, wanting to leave early. But I survived.
Speaking of work, I LOVED today (aside from the arm pain). My boss called many people to come in and help, and it was like a factory in there. And I was in charge. :)
I co-ordinated, supervised, and organized about 10 people, unpacking boxes, sorting and stacking books, and cleaning them. I have never seen so much progress in one day. And I like putting my organizing skills to good use.
I realize that I may have come off as a bit serious today (I was in crazy work mode) but it blessed my socks off to see all those people working hard and helping out, and I really enjoyed myself (until about the last hour when the whining began. Probably not the best example I could set, seeing as I'm a leader and all).
Another small downer is that I had to say goodbye to my engagement ring today. They need it to fit the wedding band to it. My left hand feels so naked! This is what it looks like, in case anybody besides me cares. ;)
I get it back on July 10, at which point I STILL can't wear it, because it will be attached to the wedding band, and I think it would be a bit silly to wear my wedding band before the wedding.
The highlight of today? (Besides the chiropractor, who I seriously love). My sister and mom threw me ANOTHER surprise shower! Again, I had NO idea it was happening; I'm really clueless when it comes to these things. It's so easy to surprise me! It was a small shower, about eight girls. And, um....it.......uh..... here, I'll whisper it. It was a lingerie shower. Do you think any boys heard that?
I liked everything I got. And I'll leave it at that. Thank you to everyone who is so kind and supportive and encouraging!!! You don't realize how many people love you until you get married and move away. I have some pretty amazing people in my life.
1 comment:
Your engagement ring is totally beautiful...I'm not surprised you're gonna miss it!! Not long now though.
Post a Comment